The National Committee of Workers (CNT) of the New Bank meets next Monday with the administration due to the news that point to the possibility of a new process of redundancies, that can reach up to 500 people.
"The meeting is confirmed for next Monday, 14h30," he said to the agency Lusa, Rui Geraldes, port-voice of the structure that represents the workers of the New Bank.
The responsible person has taken the concern of the CNT in the face of the news enhanced this Friday by the Business Journal, which indicates that the European Commission has imposed new remedies to the New Database when, in December of last year, were extended to the state guarantees and the closing date for its sale until August 2017.
One of these remedies is the reduction of more than 500 jobs, after having already been a cut of staff of 1,000 people, if the New Bank is not sold by the end of the year.
"we Just get out of a dismissal of 1,000 people and we live the situation is quite painful," said Rui Geraldes, adding that "it is very complicated to work in a climate of vagueness there are already two years old."
The responsible person said that only on the next Monday, after the CNT meeting with the management team of the bank led by António Ramalho, it will be possible to go more information regarding this matter, because the same was not the knowledge of the entity until today, unnoticed.
The New Bank – the bank of transition that resulted from the bailout to Banco Espirito Santo (BES) – is currently in the process of sale, and the Bank of Portugal has received four proposals for the acquisition of the funds Apollo/Centerbridge and Lone Star, and the banks BCP and BPI.
This is the second process of sale of the New Bank, after the Bank of Portugal considered that, during the first process, suspended in September of last year, no proposal was interesting.